Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) was designed to support very low-latency for interactive, multiparty applications with seamless integration of live or recorded video, as well as broadcast streaming, video on demand (VOD) use cases.
- RTMFP, IETF Independent Submission, Category: Informational, December 2014
- Adobe RTMP Specification (HTML)
- Adobe RTMP Specification (PDF)
- FLV / F4V
- ISO/IEC 14496-12: ISO base media file format, also used in MPEG-4 and JPEG 2000, loc.gov overview
- RTSP 2.0, IETF RFC / Standards Track